Northern Grampians National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around Northern Grampians Victoria and you are invited.
Northern Grampians, located in Victoria, Australia, is one of the most touristic regions of the country. It is home to various events and festivals that attract people from different parts of the world. Whether you are a foodie, an avid music fan, or simply love to celebrate nature and history, there is always something exciting to experience in this region. Here are some of the nationally or globally recognised annual events that you might observe in and around Northern Grampians:
1. Grampians Grape Escape: Grampians Grape Escape is an annual event held in May in Halls Gap. It is one of the most popular festivals in Australia that celebrates food and wine. The three-day festival offers visitors an opportunity to taste some of the best wines and gourmet food from local producers. The festival is also known for its live music, cooking demonstrations, and grape stomping.
2. Stawell Gift: The Stawell Gift is a world-famous athletics event held annually over the Easter weekend in Stawell. The race, which began in 1878, is one of the richest short distance races in the world, with a prize money pool of over $100,000. Athletes from around the world come to compete, and the event also features kids' races, a marketplace, and a carnival.
3. Grampians Brushes: Grampians Brushes is an art festival held in October in Halls Gap. The festival showcases the works of local artists, galleries, and studios. Visitors have the opportunity to enjoy exhibitions, workshops, and demonstrations of various forms of art, including painting, photography, sculpture, and mixed media.
4. Horsham Agricultural Show: The Horsham Agricultural Show is an annual event held in September in Horsham. The show is one of the oldest in Australia, and it celebrates agriculture, livestock, and country life. The event features livestock displays, woodchopping competitions, horse shows, and food and craft stalls.
5. Ararat Jailhouse Rock Festival: The Ararat Jailhouse Rock Festival is an annual event held in February in Ararat. The festival celebrates rock and roll and pays homage to the town's historical significance as a former gold rush town and as the site of a former prison. The event features live music from local and international artists, classic cars, and a market.
6. Grampians Challenge: The Grampians Challenge is a cycling event held in November that takes participants through the stunning mountain ranges of the Grampians. The event includes various routes for cyclists of different levels of experience, and it is a great way to appreciate the natural beauty of the region.
7. Dunkeld Races: The Dunkeld Races is an annual event held in November. The races have been running since 1859 and attract thousands of visitors from around the world. The event features horse racing, fashions on the field, and live music.
8. Ararat Jailhouse Rock Art Show: The Ararat Jailhouse Rock Art Show is an annual event held in February that coincides with the Jailhouse Rock Festival. The event showcases the works of local artists who have interpreted the festival's theme using different mediums, including painting, sculpture, and photography.
9. Halls Gap Film Festival: The Halls Gap Film Festival is an annual event held in September. The festival showcases locally produced films, as well as international films, short films, and documentaries. The festival also features industry workshops, Q&A sessions with filmmakers, and a youth film competition.
10. Grampians Wildflower Show: The Grampians Wildflower Show is an annual event held in October in Halls Gap. The event celebrates the natural beauty of the region with displays of wildflowers, native plants, and floral arrangements. The festival also features workshops, guided walks, and talks about the area's flora and fauna.
Northern Grampians is a vibrant region with different types of events and festivals that cater to different interests. From food and wine to art and history, there is something for everyone. These nationally or globally recognised annual events are just a few of the many reasons to visit this beautiful region in Victoria, Australia.